Doctor of physical Therapy is a five-year semester based degree programme.
Learning And Teaching Strategies
Both national and international qualified teaching faculty promote better understanding through:
- Skill based labs
- Clinical Practice (Supervised/Independent)
Students of Ziauddin College of Rehabilitation Sciences have an exclusive advantage to be a part of an organisation with the large setup of tertiary care hospitals. The clinical training provides a better chance of learning and practicing the skills in the field hence, prepares future therapists to play an important role in the improvement of healthcare quality in society. Students of 3rd, 4th & 5th Professionals complete their clinical training in physical therapy at all three campuses of Dr. Ziauddin Hospital. In addition, Ziauddin College of Rehabilitation Sciences started their clinical collaboration with other major healthcare institutions like Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS), Al-Umeed Rehabilitation Centre (AURA) and Rabia Moon Rehabilitation institution.
- Minimum 50% marks in Pre-Medical Group of Higher Secondary Certificate Examination held by a recognized Board of Intermediate Education in Pakistan or O/A Level and other equivalent to HSC (Pre-medical).
- Applications from overseas candidates are also invited.
- Students awaiting results of Board of Intermediate / A-level Examinations are also eligible to apply.
- Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit the application according to instructions given with the application form.
- Applications are invited for both Clifton and North Locations.
(The final allocation at Clifton/North location will be at the discretion of Ziauddin University depending upon the number of applications.)
Documents To Be Submitted
- Attested copy of SSC / ‘O’ Level (IBCC Equivalence) Certificate
- Attested copy of HSC / ‘A’ Level (IBCC Equivalence) Certificate
- Attested copy of SSC / ‘O’ Level Mark Sheet
- Attested copy of HSC / ‘A’ Level Mark Sheet
- Attested copy of NIC or ‘B’ Form of Applicant
- Attested copy of NIC of 2 references
- Attested copy of NIC of Parents / Guardian
- HSC II Admit Card incase result not announced
- Applicant’s one (1) passport size photograph
Final selection of students is decided on the basis of their performance in the following:
- Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Ziauddin University Test
The university conducts an Aptitude Test for all eligible candidates. The test consists of Multiple Choice questions of various types. The test comprises four to five sections designed to assess each applicant’s performance in the areas of:
- General Knowledge
The level of questions in sections of Biology, Physics and Chemistry correspond to that expected at the end of Intermediate Examination or equivalent qualifications.
Applicants are interviewed to assess their suitability to complete respective course and pursue a career in health sciences.
Notification Of Admission
University will inform successful applicants and a deadline will be given for the confirmation of admission. Offers not accepted by the given deadline will be cancelled
|ADMISSION FEES||Rs. 30,000/-|
|TUITION FEES||Rs.190,000/- (1st Year)|
|EXAMINATION FEES||Rs. 17,600/- (1st Year)|
|SECURITY DEPOSIT||Rs. 25,000/-|
|STUDENT FUND||Rs. 3,000/-|
|TOTAL FEE||Rs. 265,600/-|
Payment of Fees: On receiving offer of admission from University, students are expected to deposit the required (non-refundable) admission and tuition fees within the due date mentioned in the offer letter. If the required fee is not submitted within the specified date the admission will stand cancelled.
Note: Any additional taxes imposed by the government will be the liability of the students/parents/guardian.
The University reserves the right to increase the fees if required according to the recommendation of the Governing Body.
Advance fees to be paid semester-wise. All dues need to be cleared within two weeks of commencement of the academic year. 2% surcharge per month will be levied on outstanding fees after the due date.